The Android app allows the user to create widgets on the home screen so the user can call any Home Assistant service call. You can add the widget like you normally would for any app depending on your devices launcher. The widget will not work when Data Saver is enabled, you will also need to ensure that background data for the app is enabled. If you notice that a widget is no longer working try to recreate it.
- Long press on any open space in the home screen
- Scroll down to Home Assistant in the widget list
- Drag the widget to an open space on the home screen
- Select the service call you wish to perform
- Fill in the required service data for the selected service call
- Supply a name and icon for the widget
- Save the widget